|Information About North Sydney|
The North Sydney region is well positioned just across the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the Sydney city centre and provides visitors to the city with excellent views of the Opera House, Sydney Harbour and city skyline. North Sydney itself is a rather large centre and contains lots of corporate offices, business headquarters, boutique shopping and quality restaurants, making it the ideal place to stay on the North shore of Sydney. It is relatively easy to get from North Sydney to the Sydney CBD and Darling Harbour with regular buses and trains travelling across the bridge and also a regular ferry service across the picturesque Sydney Harbour operating throughout the day. Many people choose to stay in North Sydney because the suburb has is more relaxed and quiet feeling to it, with many tree-lined streets and plenty of parklands for families and holiday makers to enjoy. There is plenty of accommodation available in North Sydney ranging from luxury hotels and self contained apartments right through to more affordable motels and serviced apartments for the budget conscious traveller. Many of the North Sydney accommodation properties have a variety of facilities and amenities that will ensure that you feel right at home during your stay in Sydney. One of the best things about staying in North Sydney is that you will be in a quiet location, but still close enough to all of the major tourist attractions and exciting activities that Sydney has to offer.
North Shore Hotel
If you are travelling to Sydney for business or pleasure then the North Shore Hotel is the ideal place to stay because it is conveniently positioned close to the attractions and businesses of North Sydney but also just a short distance from Sydney CBD and other major tourist attractions of Sydney. Another great thing about the North Shore Hotel is that it is just a short walk from North Sydney Oval, Luna Park and many quality restaurants, contemporary cafes and exclusive shops.
Address : 310 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060
Rydges North Sydney
All of the deluxe and executive hotel rooms and suites at the Rydges North Sydney feature fully ducted air-conditioning, modern furnishings, open planned living, panoramic views of the beautiful Sydney Harbour and across to the Sydney CBD. The Rydges North Sydney also includes lots of in-room facilities to make them feel right at home during their stay in Sydmey. Guests staying at the Rydges North Sydney can make the most of the on-site facilities including a quality restaurant with room service, helpful tour desk, landscaped garden and much more.
Address : 54 McLaren St, North Sydney, NSW 2060
Portofino Apartments North Sydney
With a range of 1 bedroom self contained serviced apartments that are conveniently located just minutes from the central business district of North Sydney the Portofino Apartments is a great place to stay. Ideal for leisure and sporting travellers, tourists and corporate business travellers the Portofino Apartments North Sydney features great views of Darling Harbour and are also only a short stroll to the North Sydney Oval, Luna Parkand a diverse range of cosmopolitan restaurants and exclusive shopping.
Address : 88 Berry St - North Sydney
Map of North Sydney Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in North Sydney
- Arguably the most famous and iconic structure in Sydney and something that the city is known the world over for is the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This bridge provides an easy way for you to get from North Sydney to the CBD, but it is also popular with tourist who want to get a truly classic Sydney photograph or who want some excitment by taking a guided tour up to the top of the bridge for some spectacular views.
- Located on the banks of Sydney Harbour at Olympic Drive in nearby Milsons Point is the ever popular family entertainment of Luna Park. With a huge variety of amusements and rides like the ferris wheel, rotor, flying saucer, moon ranger and spider Luna Park will keep adults and kids of all ages entertained for hours.
- The Taronga Zoo is conveniently situated on Bradley's Head Road in the neighbouring suburb of Mosman and is an excellent place to visit for families or people who love animals. The Taronga Zoo not only features a wide variety of exotic animals from all over the world but also has some lovely views across SYdney Harbour to the city centre.
- A great way to spend your time whilst staying in North Sydney is to take a cruise around the picturesque Sydney Harbour. There a any number of cruise and boat operators that will be able to take you for a ride around this unique harbour, or alternatively as a much cheaper option you can take the ferry across to Darling harbour or Circular Quay.
Shopping & Sporting Facilities in North Sydney
- Located on the Pacific Highway is North Sudney's largest shopping centre known as the Greenwood Plaza Shopping Centre. This extensive shopping centre is open 7 days a week and has lots of car parking and a wide selection of stores selling everything you can think of including designer fashions, gifts, homewares, clothing, jewellery, books, electrical items and much more.
- Just to the north of the North Sydney city centre you will find the North Sydney Oval. This suburban sporting ground holds regular cricket and football matches throughout the course of the year, as well as being a venue for the Starlight cinema where you can view movies during summer under the stars.
- If you like to play lawn bowls then the best place to do so is at the North Sydney Bowling Club. This large bowling club is located directly opposite the North Sydney Oval off Miller Street and has 3 well cared for bowling greens as well as extensive club room facilities.
- The Berry Square Shopping World is centrally located on Berry Street in North Sydney. This shopping centre provides a number of shops selling a variety of different things including unique gifts, clothing, swimwear, fresh food, flowers and there is even an Officeworks for all of your business needs.