|Information About the Sydney CBD|
Beautifully situated around a truly picturesque harbour the city of Sydney is the largest city in Australia and is the capital of New South Wales. Sydney is an extremely popular destination for corporate business travellers and interstate holiday makers, as well as generally being the first port of call for international visitors from all around the globe. The city is filled with iconic buildings and unique tourist attractions like the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour and Bondi Beach. In the heart of the Sydney CBD you will find lots of high-rise buildings that are home to the headquarters of major companies, government department buildings and all sorts of other corporate offices. There is also plenty of retail shopping areas, fine dining restaurants, cosmopolitan cafes and major departments stores located in the heart of the city centre. One of the best things about the city of Sydney is that it is ideally positioned around the waters of Sydney Harbour, which is a lovely waterway that is ideal for sight-seeing, cruising, sailing and even public transport on the numerous ferries that operate on it. Whilst you are staying in the Sydney CBD you can stay in any one of the many accommodation options available, which range from luxury 5 star hotels and waterfront apartments through to more affordable backpackers hostels, motels and budget self contained apartments. This wide variety of accommodation means that Sydney has something to suit the needs of all types of travellers including corporate executives, families, couples, backpackers and holiday makers.
Rydges Sydney Central Formerly Sebel Surry Hills
One of the best things about staying at the Rydges Sydney Central is that you will be placing yourself right next to the Central Railway Station and with easy walking distance to many attractions including designer shopping, Darling Harbour, discount shopping, the nightlife of Kings Cross and also major corporate offices. The Rydges Sydney Central Hotel has a wide selection of hotel suites and rooms available for you to choose from, all of which have beautiful in-room facilities in order to make you feel right at home during your stay.
Address : 28 Albion Street, Sydney, NSW 2010
Parkview Hotel Sydney
The Parkview Hotel Sydney is perfectly situated on one of the most happening and affordable areas of the Sydney city centre. It is just a short distance from numerous restaurants, cafes, shops, bars and nightlife entertainment venues. This exceptionally priced property provides a range of accommodation including quality hotel rooms which are ideal for individuals, couples and families. Just a short walk from this property is Darling Harbour, which features lots of Sydney's major tourist attractions, exhibition buildings, fine dining restaurants and boutique shopping.
Address : 253 Broadway , Sydney NSW 2007
Aspire Hotel Sydney
Travellers to Sydney will find that the Aspire Hotel Sydney is well located on the doorstep of Sydney's key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities. This well positioned and very affordable accommodation has all of the in-room facilities to ensure that your business or leisure stay in Sydney in both comfortable and enjoyable. The Aspire Hotel Sydney is only a short distance from Chinatown, the Australian National Maritime Museum, shopping centres, the Star casino, museums, art galleries and cinemas.
Address : 383-389 Bulwara Road, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Oaks Hyde Park Plaza
If you are coming to the city of Sydney in New South Wales why not stay at the Oaks Hyde Park Plaza which offers guests a wide range of spacious and comfortable self contained apartment accommodation perfectly positioned on the edge of the Sydney CBD. With a range of fully furnished studio, one and two bedroom apartments available the Oaks Hyde Park Plaza is ideal for both short and long term stays by individuals, couples and families. So you should make the Oaks Hyde Park Plaza Apartments your home away from home during your next business trip of holiday to Sydney.
Address : 38 College Street, Sydney, NSW, 2010
Fraser Suites Sydney
Guests who choose to stay at the Fraser Suites Sydney in the Sydney CBD will be treated to wonderfully luxurious furnished apartment accommodation that is ideally positioned close to public transport and just a short walk from the many sights and sounds of Darling Harbour. The Fraser Suites Sydney has a variety of self contained studio, one and two bedroom apartments that have been luxuriously appointed with all of the modern facilities and amenities that you need to have a comfortable stay in the Sydney city centre. This makes the Fraser Suites Sydney the ideal accommodation for the family market or those people who want to enjoy a longer stay in spacious self contained apartment.
Address : 488 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Napoleon on Kent
The Napoleon on Kent Apartment Hotel features a wide selection of self contained apartment accommodation in the heart of the Sydney city centre and right next to the famous Rocks precinct and Circular Quay. All of the apartments at the Napoleon on Kent have modern facilities to make you feel right at home and the central location means that you are within easy reach of cosmopolitan cafes, bars, boutique shops, a variety of restaurants, beauty salons, businesses, government departments and major tourist attractions.
Address : 219 Kent St, Sydney , NSW 2000
Map of Sydney CBD Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in the Sydney CBD
- One of the most famous and iconic buildings in all of Sydney would have to be the Sydney Opera House. This fully functional opera venue is located on the eastern side of Circular Quay and not only provides a great backdrop to tourist photos but also holds many live perfomances throughout the course of the year.
- Another very iconic structure that is unique to Sydney is the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge. This bridge carries traffic and trains from North Sydney to and from the CBD, but it is so much more than just another bridge. It provides endless photo opportunities to visiting travellers, is the sight of spectacular fireworks on New Year's Eve and you can even take a guided tour up to the top of the bridge and get a truly unique perspective on the entire city.
- The Sydney Tower Eye is located on Market Street in the city centre and is an extremely popular place to visit for tourists from all over the world. This high observation deck allows you to get stunning 360° views of Sydney from the sky and get a different perspective on this unique city and the lovely harbour that it is build around.
- A great way to spend a relaxing afternoon or evening in Sydney is to take a cruise around the beautiful Sydney Harbour. There are a number of cruise operators that can take you and they range from romantic evening sunset cruises to exciting jet boat rides. A boat ride around this picturesque harbour is a fantastic way to see the region, especially whilst you are enjoying a refreshing drink or bite to eat.
Shopping & Sporting Facilities in the Sydney CBD
- Just to the west of the Sydney CBD is Darling Harbour and the Harbourside Shopping Centre. It's prominent positioned on the waterfront means that this shopping centre is popular place for international, interstate and local shoppers. The Harbourside Shopping Centre features a wide variety of different fashion boutiques, homeware stores, gift shops, food outlets and souvenir shops.
- If you are staying in the Sydney CBD the main shopping area is Westfield Sydney. This large shopping centre is located on the corner of Market and George Streets and is popular with visitors as well as local Sydney residents. At this shopping centre you will find a vast array of designer fashion boutiques, variety stores, food outlets, major department stores and shops selling shoes, handbags, cameras and much more.
- Just a short distance away the Sydney CBD is the city's premier cricket ground the SCG, or Sydney Cricket Ground. This well known sporting stadium not only plays host to international Test matches, ODI matches and T-20 matches throughout the course of the year but also hosts a lot of other events as well.
- Another great place to do a spot of shopping in Sydney is the World Square Shopping Centre, which is ideally located on the corner of Liverpool and George Streets. Here you will find a plenty of shops to suit your everyday needs including supermarkets, grocers and bakeries, as well as many other fashion boutique, department stores and specialist shops.