|Information About Parramatta|
The region of Parramatta is the main business and commercial hub in Sydney's West and is ideally positioned along the M4 Western Motorway, which provides easy access to the Sydney city centre. Parramatta is also located on the banks of the Parramatta River which means that you can also get to the CBD and major Sydney tourist attractions by taking the ferry across the beautiful Sydney Harbour. Because Parramatta is such a large and popular destination in Sydney you will find plenty of accommodation in Parramatta to suit any budget ranging from luxury hotels and suites through to affordable motels and fully self contained serviced apartments. The accommodation that is available in Parramatta is ideal for families, holiday makers and especially business travellers because there are so many government department buildings, corporate offices, universities, hospitals and retail outlets located near by. There are also a number of other suburbs surrounding Parramatta which also have plenty of businesses and places of interest, like the suburbs of Westmead, Harris Park, Mays Hill, Holryd, Granville, Camellia, Dundas, Oatlands, Northmead and of course North Parramatta. By choosing to stay in Parramatta you will be placing yourself and your family within close proximity to the numerous restaurants, parkland gardens and trendy cafes in the region, as well as being near the Rosehill Racecourse, Homebush stadiums, University of Western Sydney and the Westmead hospitals.
Featuring friendly service that is seemlessly combined with all of the modern conveniences that you would expect from a quality accommodation property the Mantra Parramatta Apartment Hotel has something for all types of travellers. You will find the Mantra Parramatta well located in the heart of Parramatta just a short distance from the city centre, public transport and excellent shopping, as well as numerous other government department buildings, fine dining restaurants and cosmopolitan cafes.
Address : Crn Parkes Street and Valentine Avenue, Parramatta NSW 2150 , Australia
Featuring quality hotel accommodation that is complemented by a range of modern amenities that you would expect from a quality property the Rydges Parramatta Hotel has rooms that are ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, couples and families. You will find the Rydges Parramatta well located just a short distance from the Parramatta CBD, public transport to the Sydney CBD, hospitals and many other facilities, as well as numerous corporate offices, fine dining restaurants, boutique shops, cosmopolitan cafes and nightlife entertainment venues.
Address : 116 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill NSW 2142
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
If you are looking for luxury hotel accommodation in the west of Sydney then the Novotel Sydney Parramatta Hotel is the ideal place for you to stay. It is well located in the middle of Parramatta just a train, bus or ferry ride from the Sydney CBD and also includes a range of quality furnishings and hotel facilities to make you feel right at home. The Novotel Sydney Parramatta Hotel features really friendly staff who make it their duty to ensure that you have a fantastic stay in Parramatta and that you have the inside knowledge of all the local attractions.
Address : 350 Church Street, Parramatta, 2150, New South Wales
Parkside Apartments Parramatta
The accommodation provided by the Parkside Apartments Parramatta in Sydney's West comes in the form of 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments that are well equipped for the budget conscious corporate traveller, singles, couples or even families. The Parkside Apartments Parramatta is also ideal for either a short or long term stay because it is perfectly positioned close to the centre of the Parramatta CBD and is close to everything that the city has to offer. The Parkside Apartments features very affordable accommodation well modern conveniences in order to ensure that your next stay in Sydney is both comfortable and enjoyable.
Address : 49 Grose St, Parramatta, 2150, Sydney, NSW,Australia
Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel
The affordable accommodation provided by the Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel is ideally located just a short distance from major facilities such as the Westfield Parramatta shopping centre, Westmead Hospitals, the Homebush sporting complex and Parramatta Stadium. This quality accommodation property has a range of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments which are fully furnished to provide you with all the comforts of home. The Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel is also conveniently positioned opposite the Rosehill Gardens Racecourse and close to local shops including a supermarket, restaurants, cafes, public transport and much more.
Address : 110-114 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill, Parramatta, New South Wales, 2142
Featuring studio, 1 & 2 bedroom self contained apartments that are complemented by a range of modern conveniences that you would expect from a quality property the Fiori Apartments in Parramatta have something for all types of travellers. You will find the Fiori Apartments well located in the heart of Parramatta just a short distance from the CBD, ferry to the Sydney CBD, Homebuch Stadium and many other attractions, as well as numerous corporate offices, fine dining restaurants, boutique shops, cafes and nightlife entertainment venues.
Address : 13-15 Hassal Street, Parramatta, NSW
Map of Parramatta Accommodation Options
Activities & Attractions in Parramatta
- Whilst you are staying in Parramatta you can visit the beautiful Parramatta Park, which is located along the banks of the Paraamatta River off O'Connell Street. There are lots of walking, cycling and jogging trails located in the park and these tracks provide an excellent place to go for a relaxing walk or for you to keep fit during your stay in Sydney.
- The University of Western Sydney is located on the corner of James Ruse Drive and Victoria Road and provides excellent educational courses of a wide variety of different areas. THe Parrmatta campus for the University of Western Sydney is a popular place for higher education with people of all ages.
- Situated just to the north west of the Parramatta city centre are the Westmead Hostpitals. There are 3 main hospitals which include the Westmead Private Hospital, Children's Hospital at Westmead and the Westmead Hospital itself, as well as many other associated medical servies.
- If you love the excitment of horse racing or like to gamble then the Rosehill Racecourse is the place for you. This horse racing track is located on James Ruse Drive and holds regular meetings throughout the course of the year. Rosehill Gardens race track is one of the finest racing facilities in the country and is a fun day out for people of all ages.
Shopping & Sporting Facilities in Parramatta
- If you are staying in Western Sydney and wish do some shopping then you will need to visit the Westfield Parramatta Shopping Centre. It is located on the corner of Argyle and Marsden Streets and within the centre you will find plenty of shops including supermarkets, grocers, bakeries and banks, as well as many other fashion boutique, homeware stores, electrical outlets, food courts and specialty shops.
- Located on the corner of Victoria Street and O'Connell Street is Parramatta Stadium, which is home to the Parramatta Eels rugby league team and the Western Sydney Wanderers soccer team. The venue also plays host to major international and national sports including rugby league, rugby union, baseball and boxing events throughout the course of the year.
- Parramatta is known for its comprehensive array of shops which are mainly concentrated around Macquarie and George Streets. Also within Parramatta you will find lots of homeware stores, clothing shops selling everything from dresses and suits to shoes and surfwear, boutique shops, fresh produce outlets and craft shops.
- Just a short drive from Parramatta along the M4 Western Motorway will take you to Homebush, where you will discover a number of professional sporting facilities and major sporting venues. This includes things like Skoda and ANZ Stadiums, Sydney Aquatic Centre, Sydney Athletic Centre, Acer Arena, Sydney Hockey Centre and the Olympic Park Tennis Centre.